26 Jul 2012

My very first experience - by Macy Lam


Hello from Reading!

This is my first time flying to a foreign country by plane. After a long flight of 12 hours, we arrived at Heathrow and we went to Abbey School to meet our host family.

When I saw my host family, they were not British. I was surprised to find out that they were Islam. Anyway, I realised that they are very nice. For this trip, I have to leave my parents for two weeks and I have to live on my own. I believe I will have a lot of good time with them!

On the first day to Abbey School, we had a simple test and had some conversation with the teachers so that they knew our English level and they used the result to assign us to different groups. We have the lessons with students from other countries such as Spain, Turkey and Russia. In the afternoon, we visited the Town Centre and we saw a lot of different buildings.

We started having lessons on the second day. To prepare for the mini-Olympics on Friday, we designed our own team T-shirts and we also had to think about our team country.

After a few days in Reading, I felt so grateful. It has been a great trip and I am so looking forward to visiting London tomorrow and having a disco night on Thursday. I do hope this trip is going to be a great one and I will enjoy a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment