27 Jul 2012

A trip to London - by Sylvia Chan


We went to London today! I was so excited!

The weather was hellish hot. We were on the coach at 9.30am. On the way, some of us were playing games and some of us were chatting. Some were sleeping of course. For me, I was looking at the beautiful views. There were many trees and the grass was so green. The houses were very beautiful too. Maybe it's a bit boring for some people, I found it very beautiful and lovely.

The first stop was the Natural History Museum. There were many different themes such as 'The Power Within' and 'Earth Today and Tomorrow' in the exhibition. The most interesting display is the dinosaurs. There were a lot of dinosaur skeleton displays and some of them looked really real. I love it.

After that, we went to Covent Garden. In Covent Garden, there were a lot of shops and a lot of people were doing shopping. We had lunch there. The things sold there are cheap and we bought some souvenirs too.

We met the Blue Badge Guide after lunch. Our tour guide Susan introduced us the history of the buildings and we visited many famous landmarks and buildings such as Buckingham Palace, Westminster, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament and Trafalgar Square. We took some pictures of the Palace and the statue of Queen Victoria. The Palace is beautiful.

We finished our tour at Buckingham Palace. It was a wonderful excursion though I felt very tired. I believe I will visit London again.

No comments:

Post a Comment