31 Jul 2012

Going to Bristol - by Phoebe Tsui

Hi, my dear friend. See me, I'm standing in the front with my hoodie on. It's so cold!
SS Great Britain is an awesome museum and the Suspension Bridge is also gorgeous!

We had a visit to Clifton Suspension Bridge and Brunel’s SS Great Britain today. When we arrived at Clifton Suspension Bridge, it was very cold, but I really enjoyed the feeling going out on a cold day! Standing on the Bridge, we enjoyed the beautiful view, the big blue sky and the white clouds, I really enjoyed the weather!

Then, we went to SS Great Britain that is a new museum in Bristol. There are two museums, one is inside the ship and the other one is under the ship. There is some water beneath the ship. Then, I went inside the ship and the amazing part was, when I got closer to the models and I could smell them, like when I saw the model that is vomiting and I could smell it. Though it was disgusting, it was indeed quite amazing! I have never been to a museum like that and the experience was so unforgettable. Also, we could see some actors role playing the captains, the crew and the ancient nobles. I had taken some photos with them.

Everything in the ship really helps reflect the situation of the ship in 1864. I always thought of Titanic, it is really awesome.

If I could, I would like to visit more museums in the UK, because they have a lot different things to tell. I think I have learnt quite a lot by visiting these museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment